Thursday, June 10, 2010

My face

I was just interviewed by a TV station WBKB 11, CBS Affliate, about my workshop in Alpena about my workshop, turned out great, my face didn't look too bad. People that don't know me may not realize how different it is. I am already such an animated person and when teaching or meeting people I try not to let any of this stop me from having fun or being myself. But I guess I still have a little sadness when I see a photo or video clip and I am excited how uneven it is. I know I am incredibly lucky to have as much recovery as I do but has not come easy and not by itself. Everyone told me I would not recover since the Palsy was SO bad and did not change within a certain time frame, they said I could still have some recovery but I told them 3 months later that I was just beginning.

It has taken months of acupuncture with electrical stimulation with breaks in between so not to over do it and make it go in the other direction (so not fun - the joker smile) letting it relax again then starting the electrical stimulation again. I did Physical therapy too with stronger electrical stimulation which was good, but again having to be careful that it didn't constrict it too much and ball up all the nerves in my face.

I have been feeling that I needed to have the muscles in my face stretched a little since I feel many of the nerves that have connected again but don't know how to relax and stay tight. At this point I am feeling that the osteopath may be the best bet to do what my body is intuitively telling me. I have been to three during this adventure and think that perhaps this last one may be just the right person that I need to see, since I had no idea that how much the placement of pressure could be so painful. Similar to a knot in your back and having a deep massage to release it.

No comments:

Post a Comment