Friday, May 28, 2010

Osteopath and Bells Palsy

Went to see an osteopath doctor today for other reasons but we talked about my Bells Palsy. As he was working on me he started to work on my face. My face is still sort of swollen from the trauma of the BP and has been like that for years. It's better and nowhere near as bad as it was but it is still there.

When he started to work on my jaw and the inside of my cheek I could not believe the intensity of pain I still had. Tears were welling up in my eyes and I had to take a break and a breath occasionally but the fascinating thing is that I knew he was doing exactly what needed to be done.

I have been feeling new twinges and perhaps new nerves are waking back up, but they have been bunched up for such a long time that it makes sense that they need to be carefully released and gently stretched so the channels can be opened and the nerves relax again.

4 comments:

  1. Osteopath is a therapist who manipulates the skeleton and muscles. We are committed to providing you and your family the highest levels of osteopathic care as cost effectively as possible. . I have read it carefully and wow really awesome.
    Osteopath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Osteo Sydney CBD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I don't get many comments here, but it really helped me, and it really depends on the osteopath. The first one I saw, in my opinion did Nothing and I was not sold on the idea of an osteopath at all, it was a horrible experience, the next one I saw was truly amazing, the left side of my face had been swollen for about 4-5 years after the BP due to a hemifacial spasm, and when I saw the new dr. I had no idea of the amount of pain that was still in my face until he would start to manipulate it. For instance if he did the same amount of pressure or movement to my right side it only felt like pressure, then to my left oh my goodness, it truly brought an awareness to the damage that had been done by the bells palsy. I feel with his help it was able to open and help heal, that side of my face is no longer swollen, and it took years for that to recover. I still have a smaller left eye when I smile, but I did not expect him to change that

      Delete