Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wavy hair on one side of my head

The crazy thing about being so sick over the last three years is my really straight hair is now starting to get wavy "and" it is all on one side of my head (lovely). My hair has always been so straight that it never held a curl, but now it's wavy but it is only on one side of my head the side that was affected by the Bells palsy. I don't know if it is from the illness or antibiotics but it a huge change, (oh I am sure that would look nice if I had a hair cut.)

Before I got the BP I noticed I was loosing hair and had no idea why, I felt like a shedding dog, the hair lose was incredible. A year after the BP I came down with graves disease and it made sense that the hair lose was from that, but the Graves disease, Bells palsy, hair lose, memory problems, stiff neck and knees were all symptoms of Lyme Disease.

2 comments:

  1. My mom was diagnosed with Bells palsy on the left side, back in december of 09, and it resolved with prednisone. The MRI results came out inconclusive. The doctor said it maybe a dental issue causing facial paralysis. She took care of the tooth and it went away. However, now it came back just last week and this time on the right side. Now the neurologist is assuming it make be something more substantial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keyuri I would suggest that your mom get a really good Lyme test through IGENEX. It is suspicious to have reoccurring BP. It may not show up through regular quick, cheap, standard testing. It sounds like she might need a full panel test, but if she has taken any steroids this can affect the results of the testing and should see a Lyme literate doctor that knows how to get the most accurate test for where she is at.

    If she has any other symptoms such as headache, fatigue, neck pain or problems, nausea, foggy brain, dizzy then Lyme would be highly suspicious.

    ReplyDelete