Thursday, June 16, 2011

What were my Symptoms

I was asked this morning what were my symptoms and how could I tell the difference between Lyme or Bells palsy. For one I had no idea it was Lyme everyone said that I would probably recover quickly maybe a week or two a couple months at most. But I knew this was something different. The sever exhaustion, pain in the back of my head, I couldn't see well out of the affected eye. I wasn't able to drive I didn't have the energy. I felt like someone had sprinkled some kind of germ warfare all over my body. I felt like I couldn't complete a sentence and couldn't multi task along with slurring my words....anyway these were some of the symptoms that lead up to my Bells Palsy and after.

These were my main symptoms
Headache, migraine
Pressure in the head
Tingling of nose, cheek, face
Twitching of facial or other muscles (motor tics)
Jaw pain or stiffness (TMJ-like problems)
Sore throat, swollen glands
Increase in allergy symptoms
Unexplained hair loss
Pain in ears
Ringing, buzzing, tinnitus
Oversensitivity to sounds
Upset stomach (nausea, vomiting, pain)
Bone pain, joint pain, joint swelling, or stiffness
Shifting joint pains
Drooping shoulders
Shortness of breath, can't get full/satisfying breath
Diminished exercise tolerance
Burning or stabbing sensations in the body
Numbness, tingling, pinpricks
Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
Light-headedness, wooziness, brain fog, fainting
Felt like I had Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membrane around the brain)
I had a lot of these
Forgetfulness, memory loss (short or long term)
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading, or spelling
Word retrieval problems (can't remember words, stop at mid-sentence)
Dyslexia-type reversals, difficulty with writing
Problems with numbers
Difficulty with speech (slowed, slurred or stammering)
Forgetting how to perform simple task
Attention deficit problems, distractibility
Difficulty with organization and planning
Difficulty with multitasking
Slowed speed of processing
Extreme fatigue, tiredness, exhaustion, poor stamina (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
Swollen glands, swollen/painful lymph nodes
For a full list please visit my Lyme symptoms link
http://bellspalsylymesdisease.blogspot.com/2009/04/lyme-symptoms.html

1 comment:

  1. Great post......Bell's palsy is a form of facial paralysis resulting from a dysfunction of the cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) causing an inability to control facial muscles on the affected side.
    acupuncture nj

    ReplyDelete